- Vendor Name: Irving Oil
- Headquarters: New Brunswick, Canada
- Year Established: 1924
- Number of Locations: Over 750
- Area Served: New England, U.S. and Canada
Irving Oil Limited began in 1924 when 25-year-old Kenneth Colin (K.C.) Irving established his first service station in Bouctouche, New Brunswick, Canada. He quickly expanded and opened a Ford dealership and lubricants plant in Saint John. Irving Oil grew rapidly, reaching Quebec by 1940 and Newfoundland by 1949.
By 1954, Irving’s son, Arthur and his brother Jack had joined him in the business. They continued to expand and by 1972, opened a location in Maine. By 1977, Irving was the first oil company in Canada to offer unleaded gasoline and it decided to introduce an Irving Oil gas card.
Over the next three decades, Irving Oil won dozens of fuel awards and today, it supplies heating oil and fuel for trains, marine equipment, and vehicles. The company also owns a chain of restaurants called “The Big Stop” located at various stations throughout Canada and New England.