820-A Johnnie Dodds Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
Kum & Go got its start in 1959 when Tony Gentle and William Krause founded the Hampton Oil Company in Hampton, Iowa. The company decided changed the name to Krause Gentle Corporation and in 1963, began opening convenience stores that also sold fuel.
The company expanded and in 1975, branded its many stations under the Kum & Go name (the “K” for Krause and the “G” for Gentle). Kum & Go acquired stores from 7-Eleven, Git ‘n’ Go, and QuikTrip throughout the next thirty years and in 2007 and 2008, it decided to auction off over 40 of its small locations so it could focus on building larger ones.
Today, the company offers a Kum & Go gas card and is the U.S.’s fifth largest privately held, company-operated convenience store chain.